Rurouni Kenshin movie. A pointless chop. After this subtitle, you can guess that I did not like the movie. If you are interested in why, check out my short and subjective one film review.
Rurouni Kenshin movie – I love samurai
In general, every movie with samurai or ninja has two plus points at the beginning (before I see the opening credits). I also get freaked out at Sci Fi movies. Except that a little smaller because I have already seen a lot medium sf movies. However, in the case of samurai films, it is not too often that I come across something weak.
Rurouni Kenshin’s film – a chop in which it is about …
Exactly. I have no idea what this movie is about. It is so abbreviated that I do not understand this litter box. We jump from long sequences to successive sequences and you don’t know what to eat with what. The Americans, as in the Pacific War were catching up with the Japanese, they also jumped like that. Frog jumping tactics. From island to island on the way burning down enemy defenses to the deepest caves. Well, here the goal was one, consistent and clear.
What happens in this film disqualifies him, I would consider at least a small part an interesting phenomenon or a revelation or a Japanese variety of filmed culture or whatever. I don’t like it at all. I will be rolled over by enthusiasts of such productions, but it’s difficult. I accept the crucifixion for the forgiveness of your sins.
To make it funnier: if I watched this movie on Japanese TV in the convention of a Japanese TV show, I would say: OK. It’s just that these Japanese entertainment shows are so out of touch with my reality that sometimes I even like them. There is method in this madness.
Well, we’re talking about the movie. A film that did not hide on Japanese soil like a lot of unknown and good car brands (what we know from these Japanese car brands in Europe is a little fun). This movie took off to conquer the world, and I’m sorry. I’m not buying it.
Rurouni Kenshin’s movie – but the chop is there
Maybe not as much as I would like, but it is cutting cucumbers into millions of slices. A lot of theatrical disguises and movements. As in traditional Japanese theater. Whatever else – I prefer Kurosawa decisively. This old spirit has a profound appreciation in me.
Rurouni Kenshin Movie – The Game acting
Personally, I liked the extras game the most. The chopped ones. Admittedly, quick performances, but concise.
Rurouni Kenshin movie – effects and stuff
The most fascinating in this film was the costumes and masks. I forgot the rest during the credits.
Rurouni Kenshin’s movie – want to see it again in 2 years
I do not have. I don’t want to. Even for money.
Rurouni Kenshin’s film – final evaluation
I do not recommend. If you like movies in the spirit of Kurosawa – skip this movie because it’s really a completely different universe. If you like the anime convention but the less structured, crazier one then my judgment will be: you can see. Of course for fanatics: you have to.
I immediately anticipate the unspoken question: I will not watch and thus judge the next parts of this film. I’m not going to upset myself and you.
reTraceX evaluates: I do not recommend
Explanation of ratings:
At the outset, I warn you that not every movie will have all the available ratings. There are simply fundamental assessments (the one that will always be), e.g. an assessment for a category. There are also ratings such as „willingness to watch the next episode”, which applies to series, so it is difficult to demand that it has its raison d’être with the rated full-length film.
- Category: rating the film in its main category (of course this is my subjective choice. Sometimes it may happen that the film is, for example, SF action. interesting SF element that will boost the rating of the film more. As I said – it’s subjective but I don’t try to hurt the film, I always try to see this „something”.
- Main plot: assessment of the main story told / Side plots: e.g. flashbacks, side stories of characters
- Image, Music and Special Effects: These can be historical costumes or life on another planet. I will not always pick out each of these elements. If I did not refer to it, it means that it was “neutral” in reception.
- Wanting to watch an episode: immediately after the previous one
- Willingness to come back in 2 years: would I like to see this movie or series again / was it a pleasure to watch the movie or series again
- Overall Impression: Without going into detail the overall reception.